Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's for Dinner?

Night after night, we go through the same conversation:

"What do you want for dinner?"
"I don't know, do you have any ideas?"
"No, do you?"
"No."

As much as I LOVE Food, I really am kind of sick of it. It seems like nothing sounds good any more.

And then I ask the kids:

"If you could eat anything in the world, right now, what would you pick?"
"I don't know."

So. . .night after night the struggle continues. One of our major dilemmas is that we don't get home until after 6:00 and we are just too tired to do much of anything. When I am in school it is even worse, because I also have to study.

Here is our challenge for you--do you have any quick, easy, and delicious dinner ideas for us? Any information, recipes, ideas would be most appreciated.

I thank you in advance.
Ciao!

6 comments:

Blaznfire911 said...

What about putting something in a crockpot before you guys leave for the day, that way it is done when you get home?

I also love tacos...not too hard...just get some meat...takes a few minutes to brown....then buy some taco seasoning, or the packs with the seasoning and shells in it, and walla! Dinner.

Sean and I also love the Bertolli brand of package dinners for when we are in a hurry. Takes 10 minutes on the stove.

Vicky

Osh said...

I am a HUGE fan of the crockpot, I use it at least twice a week...chicken, roasts...and I always make enough so that I have leftovers for the next night...if I make a pork roast in the crock pot, the next night I shred the leftovers with BBQ sauce and have sammiches...

I always keep bagged salad on hand too...and boneless, skinless chix boobs in the freezer at all times...

let me think some more...

shakenbsis said...

Wintertime is best for me for easy dinners! I love to make soup of all kinds, no recipes...
The crock pot is my best frined in winter. Italian Beef is very easy and delicious, always a crowd pleaser (I'll e-mail you my recipe)

Let me think on Summertime a bit...

Osh said...

My family seconds and thirds the Italian Beef!

Movie Star Wife said...

Thanks friends! Bring on the recipes. . .I have a crock pot, but I don't know what to put in it. I made soup in it once. . .

Suz said...

Aww, heck, you can put pork chops with mushroom gravy in a crockpot... Seafood pasta is always a quick dinner too. Every once in awhile you could pop one of those Stouffer's family-size lasagna in the oven so you can study while it bakes. You could bbq outside if it's nice (don't men love to fire up a grill?), or even just make some mac and cheese with hot dogs, or with some tuna or burger in it once in awhile...

I know it gets tough to make dinner every night. I remember those days of growing boys. I do not envy you the dinner making job.

Good luck. There is a great recipe book called "Fix it and Forget it" for crockpot meals if you really want to get handy with your crockpot!

:)