Saturday, October 25, 2008

In Honor and Memory of my Brother


This October 24th my brother Steve would have been 50 years old. I can't even imagine him that old. He was 44 when he passed away from lung cancer. Here are some interesting things about him:


He was the best big brother in the whole world.

I was 11 years younger than him.

His favorite drink was Miller Genuine Draft.

He once had a really cool, blue Trans Am. He let me learn how to drive in it. I was so afraid that I would hurt it.

When I was little he would go sledding with me.

He drove me to the bus stop when it was raining.

He loved Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

He was kinda stuck in the 70's, when it came to music.

He played a practical joke on me one time. He put a timer on my stereo so that it turned on full blast after I went to bed. Scared the crud out of me.

Family was very important to him.

He loved the mountains and going out West. His favorite places were Wyoming, Montana, and Utah.

He took his son out West for a special trip during the year before he passed away.

He loved fishing.

He also loved ice fishing. (I think anyone who goes ice fishing is crazy. Burrrr.)

He took me and my friends to Great America, Summerfest, and other fun places.

All of my friends thought he was cool.

He is one of the main reasons that I decided to become a nurse.

I love him and miss him very much.


10 comments:

-Sir Jack said...

MSW, your brother sounds like a really cool guy! Thanks for sharing your fond memories!!! I wish I had met him!! *raises glass*
Happy Birthday Steve!!!

Osh said...

Happy Birthday to your brother. I know you will do his memory proud by being a wonderful nurse...you have the gift and I am so lucky to have seen it in person.

Hugs and love!

Captain Morgan said...

He was a wonderful man from what I have read here on your blog. Hugs to you on his birthday.

Suz said...

To brothers gone but not forgotten! [cheers]

shakenbsis said...

What a wonderful tribute to your brother, this blog and the legacy you will leave behind in his honor through your choice of profession...

very beautiful!

Blaznfire911 said...

Awww what a nice way to remember him. He sounds like he was just the best kind of guy! I never had a brother, but I do have a sister. I played practical jokes on her all the time. hee hee.

I'm so glad that he inspired you to become a nurse.

Thanks for sharing this with us. It was very touching.

Movie Star Wife said...

My friends, you are too kind. Thank you for taking time to read my little blog. I was thinking about quitting it, but at least a few of you read it. I guess I kind of do it more for me. It's a great journal. I haven't done a diary since I was 15.

Bless you all!

Movie Star Wife said...

My friends, you are too kind. Thank you for taking time to read my little blog. I was thinking about quitting it, but at least a few of you read it. I guess I kind of do it more for me. It's a great journal. I haven't done a diary since I was 15.

Bless you all!

Osh said...

I always read your blog you silly girl!

Movie Star Wife said...

O.K., then I will do it just for you!