If you imagine it, can't you just hear the crackling and popping of a bonfire?
There's something special about hanging out around the fire. Swapping stories, telling jokes, and making s'mores. Mmmmm--yummy!
Hanging out at the campfire is one of the only reasons I even go camping. I love staring into fire and watching the dancing flames.
Do you have any special bonfire memories you would like to share?
8 comments:
omg...
this post reminds me of a portion of an annie dillard story I'd love to share! i'M NOT Aat home right now so it will have to wait...
i love staring into the fire...
none that i can share on a public blog!
I love bonfires! In England, there is a bonfire night. Also known as guy-forks night. It is a time where everyone makes their own personal bonfires in their yards, and puts a "guy-fork" on top. It is a little man with clothes on, stuffed with newspaper, or some straw, etc.
It is a tradition in England, and I used to love that night! I haven't done it in ages!!
I also have a creepy little bonfire picture, where it looks like a face is staring back out at you....it's really wierd.
Shaken--that sounds like something I would like to read.
Osh--you naughty girl!
Blazen--cool! Thanks for sharing your story. I think you ought to have a guy-forks night and invite all of us! That would be awesome!
I love staring at the flames swaying and blending with the conversations around the fire. I get lost in it, almost mesmerized.
One time when we were camping, I was sitting close to the fire because it was so cold out. I liked the radiating heat toasting my face. My shoes were resting on the metal campfire ring. We noticed a funny smell...my rubber shoe soles were melting from the intense heat!!
Gooey!! Yikes!
LOL Well Nov 5th is bonfire night/guy-forks night. It is to symbolize the burning of Windsor Castle in England. Done by....Guy Fork!! At least that is how I remember it.
I would have a bonfire, but they are illegal in Waukesha LOL
"Shaken--that sounds like something I would like to read."
Soon as I get back home, i'm on it love!!! ;)
Vix, my love...I think the name is Guy Fawkes!! ROFLMAO Shakes, I don't think you'll find much under Guy Forks...try Fawkes!
Post a Comment