Wednesday, June 11, 2008

God Smiling and A Flood Story


I received this picture in an e-mail (don't know who took it), and thought it was really cute. It reminds me of "Hi, It's me Face!" from Nickelodean. (Yes, my daughter watched Blues Clues. A lot.)
This picture reminds me to look for God's presence in any and all places.
I hope God starts smiling on all of the people I know who are flooded. I spoke with my Mom in the West Bend area. She has to get to the store before the driveway is impasssable.
That reminds me of the first time the driveway flooded. We moved into that house when I was 19. That year I had my first, real, full-time, adult job. One day when I was heading to work--my car got stuck in the flooded driveway. It was still snowy and cold! I had to climb out of my 1980 Mustang and wade through the ice cold water. I was wearing a business dress and had to go barefoot through the water and up the long driveway in the snow. It was like having knives or nails driving into my feet and legs. Then, I had to call my boss and try to explain that my car was in a flood. I thought for sure they wouldn't believe me, so I took a picture. Naturally, when we got the picture developed, it looked like my car was in a puddle. I still don't know if they believed me. The Milwaukee river runs behind their house. Fortunately, the house is on a hill. However, the portion of the driveway that is by the swamp gets flooded occasionally during the spring melt. My car smelled bad for a long time after that, because the water came through the floor boards.
I am praying for all of my friends and family that are dealing with flooding. No more rain! I am also thankful that no one has been hurt or killed in the current flooding, and loss of Lake Delton.
Until next time--Ciao for now!

2 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Hi there Dawn!

I LOVE that pic of God smiling ;)
any excuse to laugh (or smile) lately is sooo appreciated with all the suffering going on around us. THANKS!

Stay dry...

Movie Star Wife said...

Hi! I'm glad I could bring a smile to your face. I've been praying that the rain, rain, will just go away. Have a good day.