It's hard to believe how quickly a lake can drain.
This is the view of Dell Creek from the Hwy 12 Bridge, looking towards Lake Delton.
At the tip of the finger, you will see the ramp used in the Tommy Bartlett Water Ski Show.
This weekend our family went to the Wilderness Water Park in Wisconsin Dells. We know the traffic would be bad, since Interstate 90/94 was closed and all traffic was being detoured onto Hwy 12. It took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to get there. The windows in our van do not open (broken) and the fan on our air is broke. It was a long, hot ride.
On our way home, we took Hwy. 23 through Reedsburg. Near Plain and Spring Green we saw some major flooding in a residential area. I feel so bad for them.
The good news is that the weather was beautiful! Not a rain drop in sight. The forecast for this week is DRY! Hurray!
Well, gotta get to bed, work in the AM.
Ciao for now!
4 comments:
Thanks for posting these Dawn.
Wow... Soo eerie looking, and so sad! I'm glad you guys got to get away for a bit though = )
It is very scary, and sad, that that could happen so fast! That was such a nice lake, and lots of buisinesses (omg sp?) depended on how it drew people to the area. No more tommy bartlet...no more vacation homes....it is all just so sad! Thanks for posting them. I had been wondering what it looked like now.
vicky
wow! I have never been to The Dells...those pictures are overwhelming.
Your pictures tell quite a story. I was at The Dells long time ago but still sad to see the lake gone. It's overwhelming just how much damage rain can be. And in such a wide spread area.
Karen
Post a Comment