Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Life of a Cat

The Life of a Cat

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be a cat? Eat, sleep, get pet, sleep. What a life! I'm lucky if I can sleep past 6:30. If it's not the kids, it's the cat begging for food. If, by some miracle, the kids and cat are being dealt with, I still can't sleep. Would you believe that we slept better in a hotel bed than in our own? That's how bad our mattress is. Or, that's how good the mattress was at the Wilderness. Maybe a little bit of both.

The pictures I posted today, are of my "kitteh", Mia. What a life! She even surfs the net. Maybe she is the REAL blogger. But seriously, she thinks the computer is more comfortable than our mattress. This is the first cat I have had that didn't sleep with us--must be the mattress.

Our kitty, Mia, wants to eat 24/7. She thinks that the second we stir in bed, it must be morning and time to eat. If we don't get up right away, she goes around our room making noise. She paws at the wall, chews on a box, pushes the door open, and digs the underside of the bed. She also thinks that any time we walk in the front door, it must be dinner time. Even if it's 2:00 in the afternoon, or 8:00 at night. So I guess you could say that our cat has live-in help. She expects to be waited on hand and foot (kind of like my kids). Yes, us parents are the live-in help.

Despite all of this, I love our Mia-Mia. Also known as The Mia Pet. (ch ch ch chia--ma ma ma mia). Did I just put a commercial in your head? She is fuzzy, and lovable, and so darn cute! Nothings better than a warm kitty on your lap on a cold day. A kitty listens without judging. A kitty loves you unconditionally. A kitty doesn't have to be let out. And kitties can be quite amusing. Have you ever seen one sleeping and then suddenly fall off the bed? Have you ever seen a kitty run into a window trying to get a bird? It all makes it worth it!

2 comments:

Osh said...

haha
I love your kitteh too! I am all about the kittehs...thanks for the nice comment on my blog...I finally figured out what actor your husband reminds me of...young Christian Slater...remember from Heathers? So handsome! What an experience for your family! I hope we can all get together so we can "gossip" in person!

Movie Star Wife said...

I had to look up Christian Slater, I couldn't remember what he looked like. I see what you mean. I've often thought Mike looked like Rob Lowe, especially when he is wearing his shades. I have been hoping to get to the Kurth sometime. However, finding someone to watch the kids is not easy. I'm assuming it is not a place for kids? If it is, maybe we could come for a short visit. I would love to meet you and all the other PE Columbus Blog fans! You guys rock!