RACE FOR THE CURE
Today we participated in the Race for the Cure, which raises money for breast cancer research. This is a picture of me and my sister, a breast cancer SURVIVOR. She has been cancer free for over 13 years!
Hurray!
Anyone who knows me, knows how I feel about cancer. We have had more than our share of cancer in our family. It is one of the main reasons that I am going to school to become a nurse. I hope to someday work with children that have cancer and help them fight the horrible "cancer monster".
Today was yet another gorgeous Saturday. After the race, we went to the Dane County Farmers Market again. Our kids were able to see their friend perform at the Chinese Culture Day. Then, we went to Festa Italia, in Fitchburg. They've got really great Italian sausage. It was a busy day--and very exhausting. We topped the day off with dinner at Chile's. I think I am going to go to bed really early tonight.
Here are some more pictures of the Race, so you can get a feel for the atmosphere.
God's blessings to all cancer fighters and survivors!
Ciao
3 comments:
Thank you for this!!!!! We've got to keep on fighting this fight! Congrats to your sister!
Thanks for running!!! Congrats to your sister... awesome!!!
I lost my Grandmother to breast cancer many years ago... this is a fight that runs close to my heart! God Bless you all for doing this!!!!
I saw your post on Rods blog
I was @ Race for the Cure yesterday too- I am a 2 1/2 year BC survivor!!! I live in Sun Prairie and belong to the Bosom Buddies group there. Thanks for supporting Komen and BIG CONGRATS to your sister and her great health
Post a Comment