Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Johnny Depp!

Happy Birthday Johnny Depp!


Today, my daughter wanted to me call Johnny Depp to wish him a happy birthday. Isn't that cute? She doesn't quite understand. She figures if Daddy is in his movie and Daddy has talked to him, we should be able to call him.

Speaking of Public Enemies. The week of my final exams for the semester, Public Enemies was filming in Beaver Dam. As a reward for my success in Pharmacology, I decided (demanded) that I get to go see some of the filming.

Mike and I took the girls, and my friend's daughter (who is crazy for JD) and as soon as we got to Beaver Dam, we saw them filming.

Here is the best picture I was able to get:


Johnny Depp is the one in the brown suit.

Whenever they were filming scenes, we couldn't get close enough to get decent pictures. Whenever he was really close to us I couldn't get a picture, because people kept jumping around and getting in the way.

Whenever he was driven past us, between the set and the base camp (where his trailor was), he was quite close. He had his window open and he was waving and smiling. Since the girls are small, they were able to get in front of everybody and see him really well.

When they finished in Beaver Dam they had to head to Columbus for a night shoot. As he passed us for the last time, my girls had a really neat experience. One was waving her "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" DVD and she said, "He looked right at me!" My other daughter blew him a kiss and HE BLEW ONE BACK!!!

It has pretty much been DeppMania at our house, ever since the filming started in March. When I finished school, I started watching a lot of his movies. After all, for the last 10 years I've been watching G movies (parenting). So I saw:

Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, and 3,

Blow,

What's Eating Gilbert Grape,

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (for the millionth time)

Finding Neverland (My very favorite one so far)

Don Juan DeMarco (only 1/2 of it, I didn't get a chance to finish it and it was due at the video store)

So, in addition to reviewing my nursing stuff, this summer I am: watching as many JD movies as I can, started watching the TV show Lost (season 1) and will try to watch as many of those as I can, so that I can watch new episodes eventually, working, and enjoying summer! When school starts, I won't be able to do anything except study, eat, sleep, work, and study some more.

Finally, prayers go out to all my friends with flooding. :-(

I'm still dumbfounded about Lake Delton draining out. I wonder how that is going to play out.

Here's to better, and dryer days ahead!

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

~Minxie~ said...

What a sweet story about with the kids!!!! I love it!!!

shakenbsis said...

I love your stories Dawn! It was so nice to finally meet you at the Kurth on Friday ;)
Thanks for taking hte time to share a part of your lives with us!