Thursday, September 25, 2008

Big Sigh of Relief!

Let's see if you can figure this out:

You started an IV at 8:00 am at 35gtt/min. The equipment is calibrated at 15 gtt/mL. After 5 hours the IV is stopped. How much did the patient receive since 8:00am?

This is an example of one of the types of problems on my 2nd semester medical math exam.

I aced it!!!
That means life/education will continue on as scheduled.
P.S. Thanks God!

8 comments:

-Sir Jack said...

Good job MSW!!
*presents strawberry 'rita on a tray*
You deserve one, love!!
Congratulations!!

Movie Star Wife said...

Mmmmmmm! Thanks, it's just what I needed.

Osh said...

I'm glad you figured it out!

shakenbsis said...

You deserve to be congratulated MSW!!! woo hoo!!!

Well... I gave it a stab but since I don't know what gtt's are I may be way off, my best guess is th patient received 12250gtt's in 816.67 mL of whatever the solution is?

is the patient dead by my math????

CONGRATULATIONS again Chica!!!!

Blaznfire911 said...

OMG I haven't tried to figure this stuff out since I took my vet tech exam LMAO!!

I am so bad with math! Glad you aced it!!
I figured out that the patient rec'd 10,500 ggt at a rate of 15ggt/ml = 700mls????

Am I right?? LOL

Movie Star Wife said...

Shaken--you killed the patient.

Blazen--YOU ARE CORRECT!!! I'm impressed--way to go!

shakenbsis said...

Good thing they don't let the uneducated practice medicine!
LMAO!!!!

hope your weekend is going well ;)

Blaznfire911 said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I WIN! LMAO!!!

We have to do that sort of calculations in veterinary practice as well..whew *wipes forehead* Maybe my boss will be impressed as well LOL

I better be able to figure a calculation like that or I'd be fired LMAO!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I DID IT!!!!

Sorry you killed the patient Shakes LOL!!!