Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Own Ghost Story

My own ghost story is not scary or creepy. It was really a cool experience. And I don't mean cold, either. There wasn't a cool feeling or anything. So here it is. . .

We were staying in a hotel in Iowa. It wasn't an old or creepy place by any means. Anyway, I was having a very hard time sleeping. I suffer from chronic shoulder pain, and I couldn't get comfortable. So I was WIDE AWAKE!

Our niece and older daughter were sleeping in one bed and my husband and I had our little one in our bed. I believe she was around 2 years old. So I was tossing and turning and couldn't fall asleep. Our little one had a tendency to sleep all over the bed--sideways, head down, whatever.

So at one point, I thought she was standing up in bed, so I reached out to grab her, but I ended up hugging my ownself. I tried repeatedly. I was confused, so I started patting around the bed to try to find her. I found her right where she should be, with her head on the pillow.

So I turned toward the area where I thought she was and saw what seemed like a person standing through the middle of the bed. As though the bed wasn't there. All I saw was the bottom half of a woman wearing a long nightgown. And then it faded away.

I looked around in disbelief, thinking maybe I saw a weird reflection of light. But I didn't. The room was as dark as can be. Then I said, "COOL!" I was in awe and not in the least bit freaked-out.

So now I know they are real. I never believed before. Or I didn't want to. But if my kids ask me, I say, "there's no such thing as ghosts", because I don't want them to be scared.

Now I think it would be kind of neat to see another one. As long as it's not scary, or creepy, or in my own house!

5 comments:

shakenbsis said...

Cool ghost story MSW!!!!

-Sir Jack said...

You saw only the bottom half? I wonder what the top half might have looked like!! Very weird MSW!

Movie Star Wife said...

I know it is kind of strange. I guess that is where my eye level was. It's hard to describe. Once my brain registered what I was seeing it was already fading away.

Osh said...

BOO!

Anonymous said...

Hello, My Loov! I remember this story, but why were we in Iowa? Was this for a pageant that we were judging for? I love you!!! I DO believe, I DO believe, I DO, I DO, I DO!!!